Legal Name: Nowra Youth Services Incorporated
Trading Name: Nowra Youth Centre
Also known to young people as “The Youthie”
- Nowra Youth Services Inc. became incorporated in 2003 and is located at 132 Kinghorne Street, Nowra NSW 2541 at the Nowra Youth Centre.
- This service works from the Nowra Youth Centre and is a not- for- profit, non-government organisation managed by a Centre Manager and a volunteer Management Committee. The centre’s building is owned by Shoalhaven City Council and we are a community based organisation for young people between the ages of 12 to 18 years and 19 to 24 years.
- Young people are able to access the Nowra Youth Centre during the following program times –
- Our Admin Hours, Drop In Program Hours or our School Holiday Program Hours depending on your age. (check out age limits below).
- Admin Hours – cater for young people aged 19 to 24years- By providing assistance with support, advocacy and referrals.
- Drop In Program – caters for young people age 12 to 18 years.
- School Holiday Program – caters for young people aged 12 to 18 years.
Our service provision encompasses and welcomes young people from all backgrounds and circumstances.
We are committed to providing a vision to enhance the quality of experience by creating an accessible, non-threatening, non-judgemental fun and interesting service offering activities to educate guide and enlighten young people.
Nowra Youth Centre’s activities also provide a platform for Young people to feel safe, included and respected. Youth are encourage to engaged in Youth Centre activities and during these activities young people and youth workers are able to breakdown communication barriers and build a repour and respect, this enables Youth workers to support and guide young people to make the right choices by offering suggestions to utilise alternate technique such as talking instead fighting to assist young people with their actions and their emotions, feeling and everyday issues to empower self-esteem, self-awareness, respect, self-worth, confidence and all the while undertaking and creating masterpieces.